CFOM is supporting the conference ‘Freedom of Information Under Pressure, Control – Crisis’ at the Vienna University of Technology on 28 February and 1 March 2014. The major gathering of media practitoners, academics and other experts will discuss issues arising from Edward Snowden’s revelations about mass surveillance by state intelligence and security agencies. Keynote speakers will include the Guardian’s legal services director and investigative journalists from across Europe. CFOM Chairman Prof Jackie Harrison will address the conference on ‘CFOM advocacy to establish legal and safety protections for news journalists’; CFOM’s International Director William Horsley will speak on ‘How journalism is silenced in an age of plenty’.
January 14, 2016
Latest CFOM Updates
- European ministers conference put spotlight on “autocrats” and opponents of media freedom June 15, 2021
- Imagining a different reality: Filmmaking and Research May 17, 2021
- New UNESCO report: “The Chilling: Global trends in online violence against women journalists” April 30, 2021
- UNESCO Chair on Media Freedom and Journalism Safety co-organises 6th WPFD Academic Conference on the Safety of Journalists April 30, 2021
- The Journalism Safety Research Network launches World Press Freedom Day Research Repository April 30, 2021