Are you a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by a Commonwealth country and would like to pursue a PhD here with us at the Centre for Freedom of the Media (CFOM) as part of the Department of Journalism Studies at the University of Sheffield? It is time to apply for the 2020 Commonwealth PhD Scholarships round!
The Commonwealth PhD Scholarships are funded by the UK Department for Education (DfE), these scholarships support excellence in UK higher education and sustain the principles of the Commonwealth. Candidates will be selected based on their potential to lead in the pursuit of global excellence in research and knowledge, as well as academic merit and the quality of their plan of study.
What do you have to do with regard to the scholarship programme itself:
- Please read the terms and conditions carefully and to ensure they meet the full eligibility criteria as stated in the terms and conditions. Not all Commonwealth countries are eligible. For full details, including eligibility criteria and how to apply, visit the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission (CSC) website
- CSC deadline for applications is 20 July 2020.
We strongly encourage you to start your application process with us as soon as possible. You will need to be able to show that you are an unconditional offer holder at the point of being notified that the CSC is interested in your project. Here is what we encourage you to do:
- Have a look at our departmental website and our supervision expertise
- Write your research proposal in accordance with our criteria
- Submit your complete application package as soon as possible
Please do submit your full application to our Department by 10 July 2020 so we have time to process the application, find your supervision team and for you to possibly make changes to your proposal before submitting it to the CSC.
We are looking forward to your application!
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com