On May 24, 2018, CFOM PhD Researcher Sara Torsner participated in a technical consultation on UNESCO’s monitoring of safety of journalists in Paris. The meeting was a follow up to the meeting on monitoring the safety of journalists under SDG indicator 16.10.1 (which measures a range of physical attacks on journalists) which was held on 28 June 2017 in Geneva and it explored greater co-operation between stakeholders in data gathering as well as new ideas for use of the data.
Latest CFOM Updates
- New Pod Academy podcast discusses the dangerous business of journalism in the pandemic February 9, 2021
- Developing the Media Sector in Peacebuilding Contexts February 2, 2021
- A legend of Turkish journalism was assassinated for his work 28 years ago: Is Europe willing to defend journalists at risk today? January 25, 2021
- 19 Jan: HCPB’s event on ‘ICTs, social media and peacebuilding’ January 10, 2021
- Graphic novels: Drawing on peacebuilding December 18, 2020