On May 24, 2018, CFOM PhD Researcher Sara Torsner participated in a technical consultation on UNESCO’s monitoring of safety of journalists in Paris. The meeting was a follow up to the meeting on monitoring the safety of journalists under SDG indicator 16.10.1 (which measures a range of physical attacks on journalists) which was held on 28 June 2017 in Geneva and it explored greater co-operation between stakeholders in data gathering as well as new ideas for use of the data.
Latest CFOM Updates
- Call for contributions: Join us for the 2nd edition of the #JournoSafe FlashTalks November 24, 2021
- International Journalism Week 2021-2 to focus on media freedom in the digital age November 7, 2021
- The manual to stop impunity exists and must be used writes William Horsley on IDEI 2021 November 3, 2021
- IDEI 2021: UNESCO sounds the alarm on persistently high impunity rate for journalist killers November 2, 2021
- CFOM partners with ICFJ on research into detecting, predicting and preventing violence against women journalists October 19, 2021