On May 24, 2018, CFOM PhD Researcher Sara Torsner participated in a technical consultation on UNESCO’s monitoring of safety of journalists in Paris. The meeting was a follow up to the meeting on monitoring the safety of journalists under SDG indicator 16.10.1 (which measures a range of physical attacks on journalists) which was held on 28 June 2017 in Geneva and it explored greater co-operation between stakeholders in data gathering as well as new ideas for use of the data.
Latest CFOM Updates
- Professor Jackie Harrison’s inaugural lecture published on UNESCO website January 15, 2019
- PhD scholarships round now open November 27, 2018
- CFOM panel examines the causes of Impunity: Why do the killers of journalists so often walk free? November 18, 2018
- Professor Jackie Harrison holds UNESCO inaugural lecture November 11, 2018
- The International Day to End Impunity for Crimes Against Journalists November 6, 2018