On May 24, 2018, CFOM PhD Researcher Sara Torsner participated in a technical consultation on UNESCO’s monitoring of safety of journalists in Paris. The meeting was a follow up to the meeting on monitoring the safety of journalists under SDG indicator 16.10.1 (which measures a range of physical attacks on journalists) which was held on 28 June 2017 in Geneva and it explored greater co-operation between stakeholders in data gathering as well as new ideas for use of the data.
Latest CFOM Updates
- Jackie Harrison joins SPERI to launch new book “Rethinking Democracy” June 21, 2019
- THE CFOM MEDIA FREEDOM STUDENT PROJECT AWARD 2018-19 June 2, 2019
- Jackie Harrison gives evidence at the Foreign & Commonwealth Office’s Foreign Affairs Committee on Global Media Freedom May 7, 2019
- Ground-breaking CFOM research: strengthening the monitoring of SDG 16.10.1 May 6, 2019
- WPFD 2019 Civil norm-building: Towards Constructive Dialogue and Shared Narratives May 3, 2019