On May 24, 2018, CFOM PhD Researcher Sara Torsner participated in a technical consultation on UNESCO’s monitoring of safety of journalists in Paris. The meeting was a follow up to the meeting on monitoring the safety of journalists under SDG indicator 16.10.1 (which measures a range of physical attacks on journalists) which was held on 28 June 2017 in Geneva and it explored greater co-operation between stakeholders in data gathering as well as new ideas for use of the data.
Latest CFOM Updates
- New landmark report calls on Media Freedom Coalition States to create an emergency visa for journalists at risk November 23, 2020
- CFOM endorses report on Providing Safe Refuge to Journalists at Risk by the High Level Panel of Legal Experts on Media Freedom November 23, 2020
- HCPB Hub member Frank Möller launches new website on visual culture in peacebuilding November 14, 2020
- New edition of the OSCE Safety of Journalists Guidebook authored by William Horsley now published November 11, 2020
- Peacebuilding and communication: ‘We Are Many: Hybrid Resistance to Absolute Singularity’ November 9, 2020