On May 24, 2018, CFOM PhD Researcher Sara Torsner participated in a technical consultation on UNESCO’s monitoring of safety of journalists in Paris. The meeting was a follow up to the meeting on monitoring the safety of journalists under SDG indicator 16.10.1 (which measures a range of physical attacks on journalists) which was held on 28 June 2017 in Geneva and it explored greater co-operation between stakeholders in data gathering as well as new ideas for use of the data.
Latest CFOM Updates
- New UNESCO report: “The Chilling: Global trends in online violence against women journalists” April 30, 2021
- UNESCO Chair on Media Freedom and Journalism Safety co-organises 6th WPFD Academic Conference on the Safety of Journalists April 30, 2021
- The Journalism Safety Research Network launches World Press Freedom Day Research Repository April 30, 2021
- AzMina Case: Freedom of Speech or Apology to Crime? April 23, 2021
- Journalism in the dock: an analysis of Folha de São Paulo Judicial discussions during the Brazilian 2018 Elections April 23, 2021