On May 24, 2018, CFOM PhD Researcher Sara Torsner participated in a technical consultation on UNESCO’s monitoring of safety of journalists in Paris. The meeting was a follow up to the meeting on monitoring the safety of journalists under SDG indicator 16.10.1 (which measures a range of physical attacks on journalists) which was held on 28 June 2017 in Geneva and it explored greater co-operation between stakeholders in data gathering as well as new ideas for use of the data.
Latest CFOM Updates
- CFOM launches new research hub for the Study of Hybrid Communication in Peacebuilding! September 14, 2020
- Graffiti as Arts Activism in Peacebuilding September 14, 2020
- The CFOM Hub for the Study of Hybrid Communication in Peacebuilding: our first events! July 24, 2020
- IAMCR 2020: CFOM presents research examining the relationship between the safety of journalists and media and information literacy July 15, 2020
- Research study “Legal systems: friend or foe for the safety of journalists”: advancing the holistic approach and proposing a new tool to explore the role of law in safeguarding journalism July 6, 2020