CFOM is supporting the conference ‘Freedom of Information Under Pressure, Control – Crisis’ at the Vienna University of Technology on 28 February and 1 March 2014. The major gathering of media practitoners, academics and other experts will discuss issues arising from Edward Snowden’s revelations about mass surveillance by state intelligence and security agencies. Keynote speakers will include the Guardian’s legal services director and investigative journalists from across Europe. CFOM Chairman Prof Jackie Harrison will address the conference on ‘CFOM advocacy to establish legal and safety protections for news journalists’; CFOM’s International Director William Horsley will speak on ‘How journalism is silenced in an age of plenty’.
November 15, 2012
Latest CFOM Updates
- Calling out Kashmir’s media silence December 4, 2020
- The debate on crucial future issues takes place online – is media law ready? December 4, 2020
- ‘Peace on Facebook’ remains elusive, but ‘post-conflict generation’ are being heard on social media December 3, 2020
- New Research: Alarming Evidence of Online Attacks on Women Journalists Leading to ‘Real World’ Violence November 25, 2020
- New landmark report calls on Media Freedom Coalition States to create an emergency visa for journalists at risk November 23, 2020