In its latest update INSI has recorded the deaths of 86 journalists and media staff so far this year, with a further 31 cases under investigation. The update includes the Institute’s biannual survey of news media casualties, carried out by the Cardiff School of Journalism. To read the survey and for more information on INSI’s activities on safety of journalists click here.
December 7, 2014
Latest CFOM Updates
- Dutch journalist’s shooting raises alarm on threats from international crime gangs July 9, 2021
- Young People Choreographing the Steps Toward a Peaceful, Sustainable Future July 1, 2021
- European ministers conference put spotlight on “autocrats” and opponents of media freedom June 15, 2021
- Imagining a different reality: Filmmaking and Research May 17, 2021
- New UNESCO report: “The Chilling: Global trends in online violence against women journalists” April 30, 2021