An Online Commentary on the Project Syndicate website by CFOM International Director William Horsley and the Council of Europe’s parliamentary rapporteur on media freedom, Mats Johansson, summarises the evidence that multiple assaults on press freedom are threatening basic democratic processes, including fair elections, in parts of Europe. European governments must act quickly to address the root causes. Read it here.
August 3, 2016
Latest CFOM Updates
- Freedom of expression and fact-based journalism key to countering the disinformation crisis CFOM researchers conclude in new Broadband Commission / UNESCO research report September 21, 2020
- CFOM launches new research hub for the Study of Hybrid Communication in Peacebuilding! September 14, 2020
- Graffiti as Arts Activism in Peacebuilding September 14, 2020
- The CFOM Hub for the Study of Hybrid Communication in Peacebuilding: our first events! July 24, 2020
- IAMCR 2020: CFOM presents research examining the relationship between the safety of journalists and media and information literacy July 15, 2020