Following presentation of the annual Reports by the UN’s Special Rapporteur on Freedom of Opinion and Expression and the Special Rapporteur on Extrajudicial, Summary or Arbitrary Executions, the UN has issued a press release about the Interactive Dialogue with Member States at the UN Human Rights Council’s 20th session in Geneva on June 19 and 20. Both the Special Rapporteurs focused their 2102 Reports on the issue of the Safety of Journalists and made recommendations for more effective measures within States and at international level to counter the growing scale of violent attacks and cases of harassment against journalists worldwide and to end impunity. The report on Freedom of Opinion and Expression can be accessed here and the report on Extrajudicial, Summary or Arbitrary Executions here.
October 28, 2016
Latest CFOM Updates
- Attending to the Great American Divide August 1, 2021
- Dutch journalist’s shooting raises alarm on threats from international crime gangs July 9, 2021
- Young People Choreographing the Steps Toward a Peaceful, Sustainable Future July 1, 2021
- European ministers conference put spotlight on “autocrats” and opponents of media freedom June 15, 2021
- Imagining a different reality: Filmmaking and Research May 17, 2021